So all the healthy lifestyle bloggers I follow on Instagram have been raving about a blogger named Rachel Mansfield’s banana bread. I finally had a chance to make it and dang all her fans are SOO right. It’s very filling and moist and tastes amazing by itself or with peanut butter spread on top.
I added a few things to her recipe but with or without my adaptogen/protein additions you will LOVE this recipe!
Paleo Chocolate Chip Banana Bread by Rachel Mansfield
Serves: 8-10 slices
- 3 medium/large ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup sunbutter or nut butter of your choice (I used pb)
- 3 eggs (room temp)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon melted and cooled coconut oil
- Splash of vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup + 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of cinnamon
- **I added 2 teaspoons Sun Potion Reishi powder, 3 scoops Vital Proteins collagen and 2 teaspoons Moon Juice Power Dust*
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and spray a loaf pan
- Mix wet ingredients in a mixer
- Once mixed well, add dry ingredients to wet and continue to mix
- Fold in chocolate chips until mixed well (save some for the top!)
- Bake in oven for 35-45 minutes (or until ends are golden)
- Top with whatever you want and eat within 7 days or so in the fridge or longer in the freezer!
If you make it, let me know how you like it!